[tcpdump-workers] Cross-compiling tcpdump with ipv6 enabled

Xiufeng Xie xxie28 at wisc.edu
Fri Dec 19 12:00:48 EST 2014

Hi,

  Thanks for your suggestions. I have figured out the solution. The problem
is not caused by tcpdump, libpcap or Android. I found the phone actually
has two LTE interfaces "lte_rmnet0" and "lte_rmnet1", which is
unanticipated. I was always looking at the first interface "lte_rmnet0"
because I never considered there can be another one. However, all the LTE
traffic goes through "lte_rmnet1". That is why I always get 0 packets. If I
set the interface to "lte-rmnet1", tcpdump works well with LTE ipv6 packets.

Best Regards,
Xiufeng