[tcpdump-workers] Allocating a new DLT number [was: Any comments on my recent posts?]

Paul "LeoNerd" Evans leonerd at leonerd.org.uk
Fri Apr 10 08:30:57 EDT 2015

On Fri, 10 Apr 2015 11:11:25 +0100
Denis Ovsienko <denis at ovsienko.info> wrote:

> I have merged the pull request, somebody will need to allocate a
> permanent DLT number to it later, though this is not critical to
> write the code.

Excellent, much thanks :)

Indeed, I don't need the permanent DLT number yet to just start writing
some code, but since I'd like to submit patches for pcap/tcpdump and
wireshark to actually use this DLT, it would be great to get that in at
some point.

Is there a specific process to getting that?

--
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans

leonerd at leonerd.org.uk
http://www.leonerd.org.uk/  |  https://metacpan.org/author/PEVANS