[tcpdump-workers] LINUX_SLL2

Paul "LeoNerd" Evans leonerd at leonerd.org.uk
Sun Feb 15 14:34:37 EST 2015

On Tue, 13 Jan 2015 00:29:43 +0200
Denis Ovsienko <denis at ovsienko.info> wrote:

> List,
>
> there is an idea to improve libpcap and tcpdump to enable the latter
> to print interface name (index) and direction of each packet:
>
> https://github.com/the-tcpdump-group/tcpdump/issues/296
> https://github.com/the-tcpdump-group/libpcap/issues/127
>
> It is pretty much clear how to do that: the only way would be through
> a new DLT, a proposal for which is made here:
> https://github.com/the-tcpdump-group/tcpdump-htdocs/pull/3
>
> Let me ask for feedback on this change because the original author
> has issues posting to the mailing list.

So, uhm...

Any thoughts on this so far? I'm really keen to have it applied,
because I already have a full implementation of a tcpdump-like program
that I wrote almost entirely *because* libpcap+tcpdump can't do this.
It would be great to have it supported by core after all.

--
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans

leonerd at leonerd.org.uk
http://www.leonerd.org.uk/  |  https://metacpan.org/author/PEVANS