[tcpdump-workers] Request for DLT value

Selvig, Bjorn b.selvig at ti.com
Tue Apr 4 08:02:19 EDT 2017

Hi,
I am working on a new header format for radio packet meta information to display in Wireshark.

I would like to request a new DLT value to use for this header. The format is currently being defined, and is not yet final. I expect it to be within the next few weeks.

A couple of questions regarding this:

1.       Would it be possible to get a reserved DLT value to use even if specification of the header is not final?

2.       How long does this process typically take?

Thanks,
Bjørn Selvig
Texas Instruments

Texas Instruments Norway AS, Postboks 264 Skøyen, Hoffsveien 70 C, NO-0213 Oslo, Norway. Org. NO 980499480 MVA