[tcpdump-workers] Request for a LINKTYPE/DLT for nordic_ble packet.

Guy Harris guy at alum.mit.edu
Fri Aug 25 17:48:46 EDT 2017

On Aug 21, 2017, at 9:43 AM, Stig Bjørlykke <stig at bjorlykke.org> wrote:

> The Nordic Semiconductor nRF Sniffer (a Bluetooth Low Energy sniffer
> [1]) uses the attached packet format between the host and a sniffer,
> and the packet EVENT_PACKET is currently dissected in Wireshark in
> packet-nordic_ble.c.  A future version of the sniffer will also allow
> dissection of the other (control) packets.

What is the "board" for the BoardID?

Would a capture file using this LINKTYPE_ include all traffic between the host and the sniffer, including the host-to-sniffer packets such as REQ_FOLLOW?  (I assume from "UART" that this goes over a serial link between the sniffer and the host.)

Is there a publicly-available page on the Nordic Semiconductor Web site with this format information, or should we add a page on the tcpdump.org Web site, as is done for some other LINKTYPE_ values?