[tcpdump-workers] Should the tcpdump tests be run with TZ=GMT0, or should the AFS printer print time stamps in UTC?

Francois-Xavier Le Bail devel.fx.lebail at orange.fr
Sun Aug 12 10:06:02 EDT 2018

On 05/08/2018 14:46, Denis Ovsienko wrote:

> That said, if the output uses UTC, it could be helpful to use an unambiguous format as well, as in commit 99412d6.

In this commit, there is:
strftime(time_buf, sizeof (time_buf), "%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S", tm);

According to the RFC3339:
      Z           A suffix which, when applied to a time, denotes a UTC
                  offset of 00:00; often spoken "Zulu" from the ICAO
                  phonetic alphabet representation of the letter "Z".

Should we add the "Z" suffix (for UTC) ?
strftime(time_buf, sizeof (time_buf), "%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%SZ", tm);