[tcpdump-workers] Link-layer header type request for libopenvizsla

Matwey V. Kornilov matwey.kornilov at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 04:57:53 EDT 2018

Hello,

I am working on libopenvizsla https://github.com/matwey/libopenvizsla
It is a host software library for OpenVizsla.
OpenVizsla http://openvizsla.org is open source USB analyzer hardware.
It consists of FPGA with attached USB phy and FTDI chip for streaming
the data to the host PC.

Though libopenvizsla is in deep alpha state, it provides sufficient
interface to start prototyping pcap module for OpenVizsla on top of
it. And since I am going to store the sources publicly on GitHub I
think it is better to ask for link-layer header type as early as
possible. In any case I suppose that the constant may be reused for
other (if any) projects bringing OpenVizsla to pcap.

Unfortunately, data coming from OpenVizsla doesn't fit to any existing
USB link layers headers.
Current OpenVizsla data encapsulation format is described here:
https://github.com/matwey/libopenvizsla/wiki/OpenVizsla-protocol-description

What do you think?

--
With best regards,