[tcpdump-workers] TESTrun.sh and TESTonce -> combining into single perl driver?

Michael Richardson mcr at sandelman.ca
Sun Aug 18 14:07:37 EDT 2019

TESTonce is written in Perl in order to do a bit of manipulation that I found
too tedious to do in shell.

TESTrun.sh is written in shell, and contains a bunch of work arounds (.passed
and .failed files) to deal how shell creates sub-shells.  This would be
trivial to do properly in Perl.

I think that Perl is now ubiquitous enough on Windows that we could just
use one program to drive it all?

OpenSSL uses the Perl unit test framework; I'm not sure I'd want to go that
far, but I'd consider it.