[tcpdump-workers] Link-layer header type for unix domain sockets (UDS)

František Kučera konference at frantovo.cz
Sun Mar 24 06:14:52 EDT 2019

Dne 23. 03. 19 v 21:04 Guy Harris napsal(a):
> On Mar 23, 2019, at 12:50 PM, František Kučera<konference at frantovo.cz>  wrote:
>
>> There is no MAC or IP address, but there are other useful metadata: socket path (might be also abstract), direction, UID, GID, PID...
> Stream, datagram, or sequenced-packet sockets?

In my application, it is a stream. (but it would be nice to support also
datagrams over UDS, so it can be useful also in other cases)

P.S. I have some technical issue with sending e-mails to this
conference. I responded to this e-mail even three times (from two
different SMTP servers) and none of my responses arrived back nor in the
archive
<https://lists.sandelman.ca/pipermail/tcpdump-workers/2019-March/thread.html>.
However I got "Successful Mail Delivery Report" with:

 > <tcpdump-workers at lists.tcpdump.org>: delivery via
 >    lists.tcpdump.org.mf.canit.ca[198.41.29.201]:25: 250 2.0.0
x2O8PsNU003629
 >    Message accepted for delivery

So my messages were not rejected nor lost on the way from my SMTP servers.

I was able to create a new thread, but now I can't respond.