Proposed update to DLT_BLUETOOTH_LE_LL_WITH_PHDR

Guy Harris gharris at sonic.net
Thu Jul 9 17:22:49 EDT 2020

On Jul 9, 2020, at 1:46 PM, Sultan Khan <sultanqasim at gmail.com> wrote:

> Through discussions with Joakim Anderson (of Nordic) and Mike Ryan (Ubertooth developer), and going through several iterations of proposed protocol updates, I/we came up with this: https://gistcdn.githack.com/sultanqasim/8b6561309f5934f084a0d938ae733b7a/raw/LINKTYPE_BLUETOOTH_LE_LL_WITH_PHDR.html

In the last paragraph, it says:

	For packets using the LE Coded PHY as defined in the Bluetooth Core Specification v5.2, Volume 6, Part B, Section 2.2, the Coding Indicator (CI) is represented by the two least significant bits of a dedicated coding indicator byte between the Access Address and PDU. Packets received using the LE Coded PHY are represented in an uncoded form, so the TERM1 and TERM2 coding terminators are not included in the LE packet field.

Perhaps that's a bit clearer if stated as

	For packets using the LE Coded PHY as defined in the Bluetooth Core Specification v5.2, Volume 6, Part B, Section 2.2, the LE Packet is represented as the Coding Indicator (CI), stored in a one-octet field with the lower 2 bits containing the CI value, immediately followed by the PDU and the CRC.  Packets received using the LE Coded PHY are represented in an uncoded form, so the TERM1 and TERM2 coding terminators are not included in the LE packet field.