[the-tcpdump-group/libpcap] Use tab instead of space in formatting pcap-int.h (#918)

Michael Richardson mcr at sandelman.ca
Thu Mar 19 17:13:02 EDT 2020

Guy Harris <guy at alum.mit.edu> wrote:
    >> I thought we wanted all spaces?

    > If we do, we should replace all the tabs in pcap-int.h with spaces; we
    > should at least be consistent, and change #918 fixed one inconsistent
    > case.

Let's agree that we are going towards spaces.
I think most files are using 8-space indents, a la Linux Kernel.

I'm not fond of forcing people to omit {} when there is a single line, but I
can live with it.

    > Spaces have the advantage that they don't get misinterpreted by editors
    > that think tabs occur every 4 spaces rather than the UN*X standard of 8
    > spaces.  Wireshark's been moving in that direction to some extent.

Agreed.

    >> I propose to put emacs and vim definitions into every file.

    > "Definitions" as in "modelines"?  Sounds reaonsable - Wireshark haz
    > them in most if not all files, and even has a Web page to generate
    > them:

    > https://www.wireshark.org/tools/modelines.html

good.
I will submit a whitespace change to master next week, and then a modeline fix.
Are there any integrations to github that will warn people to fix their
whitespace settings?