[tcpdump-workers] Linktype allocation for ATSC link layer protocol

Nick Kelsey nickk at silicondust.com
Sat Mar 21 02:14:33 EDT 2020

<tcpdump-workers at lists.tcpdump.org> wrote:

 >> Pull request created (#919):
 >>
 >> https://github.com/the-tcpdump-group/libpcap/pull/919
 >
 > I've added a proposed description as a comment to the pull request;
please check whether my assumptions are correct and whether the
description would work for that format's entry on
https://www.tcpdump.org/linktypes.html.

Thanks!

I figure there will be interest in this protocol as we start to see ATSC
3.0 test broadcasts. Our ATSC 3.0 hardware can output pcap data over
HTTP in real time so ALP can be captured to file with a simple curl/wget
command.