Request for new LINKTYPE/DLT ZBOSS_NCP

Eugene Exarevsky eugene.exarevsky at dsr-corporation.com
Tue Nov 2 02:46:30 EDT 2021

Hi all,

Please, allocate a new LINKTYPE/DLT called ZBOSS_NCP.

The background is following: we (DSR) are developing Zigbee protocol
stack ZBOSS (
The stack has serial commands interface - NCP.
We implemented a dissector of that NCP protocol for Wireshark and want
to publish it. The idea is that we can display NCP commands and Zigbee
traffic between the stack and Zigbee transceiver in the same log.
But, indeed, NCP serial protocol is not related to 802.15.4 itself, so
it will be wrong to base NCP parser on 803.15.4 protocol parser in
Wireshark.
We suppose separate PCAP DLT/WTAP_ENCAP  will be the best choice.

--
Best regards,
Eugene.