[tcpdump-workers] configure script problem while working on extention

Denis Ovsienko denis at ovsienko.info
Sun Aug 14 17:03:34 EDT 2022

On Fri, 12 Aug 2022 16:27:29 +0200
Christian via tcpdump-workers <tcpdump-workers at lists.tcpdump.org> wrote:

> Then I opened the tcpdump.zip archive within the libpcap directory.
> step into the directory, call ./configure and it build. success!

The git clone of libpcap and the git clone of tcpdump are supposed to
be next to each other, not one inside the other.  Also the libpcap
directory must be named "libpcap" because tcpdump build process is
checking in ../libpcap for the "local" libpcap.  If the check is
unsuccessful, tcpdump tries to build with the "system" libpcap.

--
    Denis Ovsienko