DLT type for Libpcap Library

Christian chris at argonautx.net
Wed Aug 24 14:31:12 EDT 2022

Hello everyone, another question that I have is which DLT-type I should
use for my libpcap-module. Since Im writing a module which acquires data
from a kernel module, which in turn has no IP-based packages at all. I
have to define my very own data-type from the base onwards. But because
this is nothing worth to release (maybe only for documentation of an
example) I would rather use a DLT_USERn linktype. But this is only
defined on applications which use pcap lib, not libpcap itself? Another
question is: how to map the structure(s) in which I define my data types
with the symbol in dlt.h?

Thanks for your help again

BR Christian