[Unstrung-hackers] sunshine with 1.10

Michael Richardson mcr at sandelman.ca
Mon Oct 26 11:13:00 EDT 2015

Vijay Anand R <vjanandrgky at gmail.com> wrote:
    > sunshine:
    > /home/snbi-tb-b/unstrung-unstrung-1.10/include/boost/heap/binomial_heap.hpp:325:
    > boost::heap::binomial_heap<T, A0, A1, A2, A3>::const_reference
    > boost::heap::binomial_heap<T, A0, A1, A2, A3>::top() const [with T =
    > rpl_event*; A0 = boost::heap::compare<rpl_eventless>; A1 =
    > boost::parameter::void_; A2 = boost::parameter::void_; A3 =
    > boost::parameter::void_; boost::heap::binomial_heap<T, A0, A1, A2,
    > ::const_reference = rpl_event* const&]: Assertion `!empty()' failed.

So, it failed out for you with an assertion from the internal list code.

Can you tell me what environment you built in, and specifically, which
version of libboost-dev you have installed?  I know you mentioned ubuntu VMs,
but which version?  It has run with 12.04 (which is what Travis-CI uses),
and Ubuntu Wheezy.

Could you run:
      make unitcheck

and let me know if it all of the tests succeed? You may need additional
libraries installed, and you may need tcpdump 4.7.4.  The script
          ./build-setup-travis.sh

will install everything you need into $HOME/stuff, and setup the
Makefile.local to point to it.

Could also try:
      rm -rf include/boost
and attempt to rebuild, assuming your libboost is at least 1.49.

libboost is mostly header files, so I tried to bring 1.49 along.