[Unstrung-hackers] unable to see routes with sunshine on b2b connected nodes

Vijay Anand R vjanandrgky at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 01:40:07 EDT 2015

The following is what I am trying to explore if we can achieve.

a. Should be able to advertise a specific IPv6 address (/128) assigned
to a loopback or dummy interface on a node.
The RPL instance (sunshine) is running on the same node, so I am not
trying to proxy advertise a different /128 IPv6 address but rather an
address on the same box. From your reply below it seems possible.
b. No other IPV6 address on the node should be advertised.
c. Should be able to control on which interfaces RPL is enabled (i.e,
not all interface on the node is part of the DODAG).
d. Requirement C is dynamic in nature - Should be able to add/remove the
interface on a node to the DODAG. I think this will create different
DODAG versions but this is something that is required.
e. Ofcourse all downward routes stored on a node should be propagated up
towards the Root.