[Unstrung-hackers] unable to see routes with sunshine on b2b connected nodes

Michael Richardson mcr at sandelman.ca
Wed Sep 23 15:49:29 EDT 2015

Vijay Anand R <vjanandrgky at gmail.com> wrote:
    > a. Should be able to advertise a specific IPv6 address (/128) assigned to a
    > loopback or dummy interface on a node.

okay, that's possible to do, but not coded.
How would you like to specify this?   Yes, it could be specified on the
command line, but that isn't that flexible.  Would you want to announce
any address that matched some CIDR (which you'd put on the command line),
or??

    > The RPL instance (sunshine) is running on the same node, so I am not trying
    > to proxy advertise a different /128 IPv6 address but rather an address on the
    > same box. From your reply below it seems possible.
    > b. No other IPV6 address on the node should be advertised.

Do you want the RPL node to auto-configure an address from the PIO?
At present this can't be turned off, but that certainly could be made an option.

    > c. Should be able to control on which interfaces RPL is enabled (i.e, not all
    > interface on the node is part of the DODAG).

You should be able to do that now with multiple -i options.

    > d. Requirement C is dynamic in nature - Should be able to add/remove the
    > interface on a node to the DODAG. I think this will create different DODAG
    > versions but this is something that is required.

So, how would you want to enable/disable RPL on a particular interface?
What kind of interface would you want?  I plan to integrate with
quagga/zebrad at some point, but it's not a priority.

    > e. Ofcourse all downward routes stored on a node should be propagated up
    > towards the Root.

That it already does.