[Unstrung-hackers] unable to see routes with sunshine on b2b connected nodes

Vijay Anand R vjanandrgky at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 02:25:37 EDT 2015

Hi Michael,

In my humble opinion I think we should keep distribution of address
distribution within the purview of Autonomic Networking and use the
routing protocol only to route over the ACP.
This way each modules remains modular with loosely coupled modules.

We would like to run RPL over GRE tunnels. The tunnel traffic could be
secured using IPSEC/IKE.

I am not sure I understand what you are suggesting as as below.
"It sounds like you'd like some IPC to set it up. I'd like to have it
connect to the OpenWRT ubus system. "

The below suggestion of new options to the command line sounds good, but
for the CIDR. with FD00/8 we tend to advertise any other ULA addresses
which is not managed by Autonomic Networking. So the ACP/AN-domain would
tend to include routes to other destinations as well !

With netlinks we tend to listen to all interface events, this is fine
with links/interfaces going down, but the challenge is when links come
up. Not all new links coming up should join the DODAG, one possibility
is we give a regex for the interface name in the command line (-i
option) and add any link that matches the regex to the DODAG. Your
thoughts ?.

My only concern as for now seems to find a way to gracefully "soft"
restart the daemon for any updates.