[Unstrung-hackers] unable to see routes with sunshine on b2b connected nodes

Michael Richardson mcr at sandelman.ca
Mon Sep 28 10:49:14 EDT 2015

Vijay Anand R <vjanandrgky at gmail.com> wrote:
    > I plan to create a dummy interface and assign the ULA address, I did
    > try to create a loopback but looks like we can only create sub
    > interfaces of "lo" that already exists. So providing this to the
    > command line sounds like a good idea. Just to make sure we are on the
    > same page, any global scope address on the dummy interface would be
    > advertised ?

I think that I'd still include the --prefixes-to-announce option, which
if one likes, one can set it to ::/0.  Maybe have a few prefixes available
(8 slots?), but not infinite number.

    > With ACP we build a overlay using linklocal GRE tunnels to each
    > discovered neighbor, therefore the DODAG should be constructed with the
    > tunnels and not with the physical interfaces.  So as new neighbors of a
    > node join/leave the ACP, tunnels to the neighbors get created and torn
    > down reconstructing the DODAG.

So, we might actually need a wildcard for the -i option?
GRE interfaces can be named anyway one likes... "acpXX" makes sense to me.